Many times you ask us which Way of Santiago is most suitable for each one of you, which you should choose, which is better … better for what? It is a question that depends a lot on different factors.
1.French Way: We all know that the French Way is the busiest, even crowded in certain parts of the year. However, it is the best services offered to pilgrims. That is why if we choose the right time is the most suitable way for any pilgrim who tries to enter the Camino de Santiago. In addition, if we travel a minimum distance enough to know the essence of the Way is the most recommend for new pilgrims. If you have the possibility of walking the whole from Saint Jean, it will be the best experience of your life.
2. Portuguese way: little by little it is eating terrain to the French Way and this returns to be for the beauty of its landscapes and the improved variety of services that are appearing next to the Way. The Portuguese Way offers an inland route, along the coast or even the Spiritual Variant that we recommend especially for those who can not do more than the minimum 100 km essential to get the Compostela.
3. Camino del Norte: recognized not long ago as a World Heritage Site, it has begun to attract specially experienced foreign pilgrims or nationals. It is the most recommended for its landscapes (without doubt), its renowned gastronomy and for the milder climate for the summer season.
4. Primitivo Way: as you know, part of Oviedo and during 13 stages copies Alfonso ll el Casto’s path when he visited Compostela after the discovery of the remains of the Apostle. Equally recognized as a World Heritage Site along with the Northern Way, it is an Inner Trail through forests and mountains that shows one of the hardest routes of all the Roads of Santiago.
5. English Way: it is increasing in number of pilgrims and has recognized the Compostela of special form when mixing nautical miles (in Boat) and kilometers on foot. From Ferrol we have the necessary kilometers to get the Compostela on foot and, honestly, this first stretch is the most attractive in landscapes of this Way.
6. Road to Fisterra and Muxía: it is our special recommendation for this year. We can make a stretch of the Camino de Santiago, any of them, and complete it with the pilgrimage to Fisterra (3-4 stages) and continue to Muxía (2 more stages). A Costa da Morte has a magical and unique energy. No one regrets to approach a few more days until the zone to recharge of force through its landscapes and sunsets.
There are more Caminos, but this is our recommendation for this year. If you need the best travel services and experiences to make your Camino something unique do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org